The Certificate in Procurement and Logistics curriculum is designed to produce graduates equipped to function in entry-level Certificate positions with a strong foundation for continued career growth. It provides elementary knowledge required for workplace performance in the procurement function in modern organizations. The curriculum has a strong emphasis on practical problem-solving and critical thinking skills needed by Procurement and Logistics professionals.
Who Can Join
To be eligible for admission, the applicant must be a holder of one of the following:
- KCSE certificate with a minimum of aggregate of C-(minus).
- EACE/KCE/KACE/EAACE certificate with a minimum of Three (3) credits in any Three subjects at ‘O’ level, One principal at A level.
- 12th grade certificate with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5.
- IGCSE certificate with a minimum of four (4) upper level passes.
- GCE certificate with minimum of four (4) upper level passes at ‘O’ level and ‘A’ level passes of C grade.
- IB certificate with four (4) upper level passes.
- Any other qualification(s) that may be approved by the University Senate
Duration & Structure Of The Programme
The CPL programme comprises Two (2) Semesters offered in 8 (Eight) months.
- Courses shall be offered in terms of units, one unit being defined as a series of 35 one-hour lectures. For this purpose, a one-hour lecture is equivalent to a two-hour tutorial or a three-hour practical period, or an equivalent amount of other assigned
study or practical experience of any combination of these.
- Based on individual preference a student can register for a maximum of FIVE (5) course units per Semester. The minimum number of units a student can register per Semester is THREE (3) provided that all the required units are covered within a maximum
of ONE year.
- Normal duration for the programme shall be 8 months and not more than ONE calendar year.
- A Student MUST pass the first Semester units before progressing to Semester Two units (trimesters)
Mode of Delivery of The Programme/Course
Physical classes blended with virtual class attendance.
Curriculum Road Map
Self Sponsored Students (SSS)
- BUD 001: Business Mathemetics
- DCU 001: Communication Skills
- DPL 101: Principles of Procurement and Logistics
- DAM 101: Principles of Management
- DCU 002: Health Awareness
- CPL 001: Inventory Logistics Management
- CPL 002: Foundation of Supply Chain Managemnt
- CCU 001: Business Ethics
- CPL 003: Fundamentals of Procurement Planning
- CPL 004: Procurement Records